What is QuickSpot?
"A butt-saver !" Steven Y. West Orange, NJ/USA
"Works great ! A job that normally took about 3 hours now takes 10 to 15 minutes. Have been looking for such a program for a long time." Ron P. Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
QuickSpot is a visual file compare and folder compare utility. It compares 2 text-files or folders and highlights the differences found between them. File-differences can be reported in detail, down to each individual byte or character. Lines that are not in synch will be highlighted for quick identification. Differences can be edited, viewed, printed or saved as a file.
In QuickSpot, you can set unique comparison-criteria that find the needle in the haystack! You can compare specific lines or all lines, narrow down the comparison across specific positions per line, and filter out source-code comments. You can also skip a number of lines repeatedly, or compare different ranges in the files.
File- and folder-editing features allow a quick fix of the discrepancies found by QuickSpot. A scrolling line-container lets you compare any 2 lines and shows all differences between them, character by character. You can deal with any discrepancy found right on the spot. In addition, there is a find/replace option and support for copying/merging text between the 2 files; files can also be saved and printed. In the folder-section, individual files can be viewed/opened, deleted, renamed, moved or copied.
Various options are available how to display the loaded files or folders and the discrepancies between them. All settings can be changed at any time and can be saved permanently. Extensive online help with plenty of examples gets you up and running in no time !
The shareware version is freely available (click here to download). It will work like the registered version, except that each comparison you run is limited to 50 lines. The registered version can compare everything you loaded in QuickSpot at once. The registered version is available for a low US$ 29.00 or 25.00.
How can you use QuickSpot ?
Unlimited possibilities ! Just a few suggestions:
- Save 2 similar spreadsheets or tables in CSV-format and compare them with QuickSpot. You will see the discrepancies between them immediately.
- Compare different versions of your web-pages (HTML-files).
- Synchronize your .INI or .BAT files across your computer or your network.
- Debug your script-files or macros. You may have 2 versions of a script and need to find the difference between them.
- Download reports from a mainframe to a Windows ASCII-Files and compare them with QuickSpot. QuickSpot's in-built capability to skip a number of lines on every page (defined as report-headers) and to focus the compare across certain positions per line only makes it truly unique. It's a low-cost alternative for comparison of parallel test-results.
- Developers need to compare different versions of their source-files. Again, QuickSpot is a low-cost alternative to accomplish this. All you need to do is save your source-code to an ASCII/Text-File. Most development packages provide this feature.
And, we're sure, there are many, many more uses for it !
Download and Registration
Click here for technical support